Last Updated: April 20, 2023
1. Our Role in your Privacy
The following companies form the Sign In Solutions Enterprise Ecosystem:
(collectively “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “SIE”, “SIC”, or “SIW”)
(SIE): Sign In Enterprise Inc., 150 2nd Ave N, Suite 1540, St. Petersburg, Florida 33701, US
(SIE): Traction Guest Corp., 150 2nd Ave N, Suite 1540, St. Petersburg, Florida 33701, US
(SIC): Sign In Compliance Inc., 300 W. Summit Ave., Suite 110, Charlotte, NC 28203, US
(SIW): Sign In Workspace ApS (ProNestor ApS), Nørgaardsvej 7, 2800 Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
- Visitor - if you are a visitor to a business location that uses the Services, by accessing the Services at such location (such as by signing in or using the functionality of the Services), you may be sharing your Personal information with such business.
2. What Information will we Collect and Process?
When you use the Services, we may collect these types of information:
- Personal information - Personal information is any information directly or indirectly relating to an identified or identifiable individual, such as a name, email address, phone number, an identification number, location information, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
- Aggregate Information - Aggregate Information is information about your activities on or in connection with the Services that typically cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you or your Users. For example, Aggregate Information includes information regarding the frequency of use of the Services, quantity and type of information entered when using the Services, components of the Services most frequently accessed, and browser types used to access the Services.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. - Cookies, beacons, device identifiers, or similar technologies (referred to for convenience as “Cookies“) are small pieces of information placed on your device that your web browser or device uses to access the Services and that permit SIS to track your activity on the Services. We obtain information from Cookies when, for example, you or a User visits our website. You may turn off Cookies in your browser or device settings, but this may limit functionality of the Services. Cookies help analyze usage and provide certain functionality.
Your information will be processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. We process the Personal Information detailed in this Policy, and the purposes for which we process Personal information will be informed to data subjects at the time that their Personal information is collected.
We use Personal information we collect:
- To provide the Services to you;
- To maintain and enhance the Services provided to you;
- To communicate with you in response to any of your questions and requests;
- To personalize and enhance your experience using the Services;
- To administer and provide you with information about your account;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Services and to otherwise protect Customers and Users and our business;
- To monitor, analyze and maintain the Services provided to you;
- To research and review reports on usage intelligence for the Services that you use;
- To provide relevant marketing and other information to you, but only if, and to the extent that, you have consented to us providing such marketing and other information to you in accordance with applicable laws. In such a case, we will provide an easy link to permit you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications.
3. Where will your personal information be processed?
4. Why is your information being collected?
Your information will be processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. We collect and process the personal information detailed in this Policy, and the purposes for which we process personal information will be informed to data subjects at the time that their personal information is collected.
We may, from time to time, use your personal information to maintain and implement enhancements of our services provided to you; in such instances we will always ensure an individual cannot be identified.
Your personal information will be transferred to our trusted and secured third party processors to provide and maintain the Services to you; this will be for purposes such as: enabling payments, hosting of our servers, management tools and customer relationship management system.
Our trusted and secured third party processors are contractually bound and have international data transfer agreements, technical, organizational, privacy and security measures in place to keep your information confidential and use it only for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes.
Some messages from us are service-related and necessary for customers. You agree that we can send you non-marketing emails or messages, such as those related to transactions, your account, security, or product changes and updates.
We will never provide or distribute your personal information to a third party without notifying you and requesting your prior permission.
5. When do we collect your information?
We collect personal information when:
You sign up for the Services;
- You use certain features of the Services that require the collection of Personal information in order for those features to function;
- You or your Users voluntarily enter or upload Personal information to or through the Services;
- You communicate with us, whether through the Services or through another form of communication, such as e-mail, web chat, social media chat or telephone;
- We collect aggregate information resulting from your use and the use by your Users of the Services;
We may use the Services to collect and use location information to provide certain functionality, such as identifying a User sign-in at a specific business location or providing access to subscribed features such as scheduling and manual input logins.
6. How long do we hold your information?
The length of time we keep your personal information depends on what type of information it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it. For example, to provide you with our services or to comply with applicable legal, regulation, finance or business requirements.
Information will be retained for as long as your account is active and for a limited period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
Following that period, we will have it deleted or anonymized.
7. To whom do we disclose your personal information with
a. Within Sign In Solutions and Affiliates
Our employees may be given access to Personal information which we collect, but their use will be limited to the performance of their duties and the reason for legitimate processing. Our employees who have access to your Personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any other purposes.
Personal information may be disclosed among affiliates within Sign In Solutions and its affiliates to maintain, deliver and provide services to you. The list of affiliates of which we are a part of are: Sign In Enterprise Inc. (US), Traction Guest Corp. (US), Sign In Compliance Inc. (US), Sign In Workspace (Denmark), Sign In App Ltd. (UK), Sign In App SL (ESP), Sign In App Inc. (US), Sign In Scheduling (UK) and Sign In Central Record (UK). For further information on our list of affiliates please see: https://signinsolutions.com/
b. Service Providers:
We only use subprocessors that are compliant, at a minimum, with our own high level of technical, security and privacy standard requirements. We have Data Protection Addendums in place with our third party subprocessors as applicable.
List of Secure third-party subprocessors
To view the list of secure third party subprocessors we use to provide services to you, please click on the following link below:
8. Accuracy of your information and quality
If we collect your personal information from our website, applications and services or while providing services to you, we will process it in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for why it is processed. We will maintain and update your information as necessary to keep it accurate or when you advise us that your personal information has changed. We will keep your information which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary.
We will hold personal information collected from web enquiry forms for a period of up to 12 months from when the enquiry is closed.
9. Security of your information
Protecting personal information from unauthorized access, loss or alteration is of the utmost importance to us. We have physical, technical, secure, privacy and organizational processes to safeguard the information we collect. Our systems are tested annually by external security auditors to ensure your data is secure. We conduct internal and external audits to maintain compliance with the high standard of security and privacy frameworks that we have in place.
We have put in place appropriate security, privacy and technical measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on the basis of least-privilege and least-functionality and who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. Aggregate Information for Services
We use aggregate information for the Services:
- To provide the Services to you;
- To monitor, analyze and maintain the Services provided to you;
- To implement enhancements and upgrades for the Services that you use;
- And for other legitimate business purposes in providing and maintaining the Services to you.
We may share Aggregate Information with certain third parties such as external auditors, and third party service providers to provide and maintain the Services. Aggregate Information is anonymized and does not have the capacity to be used to identify an individual. In other words, we may share this information, but no Personal information will be disclosed to third parties.
11. Lawful Basis Principles
We follow the lawful basis principles as below:
12. Your rights to your personal information
You have certain rights related to your personal information.
You have the rights to:
a. know what personal information we may have about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date;
b. request a copy of your personal information, or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or delete it;
c. object to continued processing of your personal information
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email as below:
You also have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority with respect to your personal data to direct questions, inquiries or complaints.
13. Marketing Communication
When it comes to marketing communications that you have subscribed for, you can ask us not to send you these at any time. In addition, if we intend to use any information provided by yourself for marketing purposes, such as sending updates or information relating to the product, we will always make this clear and offer an ‘opt out’ should you wish not to receive such information.
Please follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications, or you may send your request to email@example.com
14. Visitors to our own offices
Approved visitors who enter our own secured offices are escorted and are required to have their visitor information stored for the year as part of our security measures. Any approved visitors who wish to exercise their information subject rights can do so by contacting us as below.
15. Cookies Statement
a. What are cookies?
When you visit our websites, your online browser will automatically receive one or several cookies, which are transferred from this website to your internet browser. A cookie is a small text file. It does not contain any personal information and is not able to collect information. Two types of cookies can be used, "session-only" and "persistent".
- Session-only" cookies are deleted when you end your browser session.
- "Persistent cookies" remain on your device for the time period set in the cookie after which time they delete themselves. However, these cookies may be renewed every time you visit the website.
b. Cookie types
It is common to distinguish between first-party cookies and-third party cookies. First-party cookies are allocated to the website that you visit while third-party cookies come from a third-party, such as a web analytics program.
We have the following cookie settings:
- Strictly Necessary: Strictly necessary cookies help make a website be navigable by activating basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure website areas. Without these cookies, the website would not be able to work properly.
- Functional: Functional Cookies make it possible to save information that changes the way the website appears or acts. For instance your preferred language or region.
- Statistical: Statistical cookies help the website owner understand how the visitor interacts with the website by collecting and reporting information.
- Marketing: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to understand and review visitor metrics.
d. How long will cookies be stored on my computer?
Cookie lifetime may vary. Some cookies will disappear when you close the browser while others exist for longer. For more information on cookie expiry see the cookie declaration.
e. Can I still visit the website if the cookie-function is disabled?
Yes. Should you have cookies disabled on your online device, you will continue to have the same access to the website content as with cookies enabled. However, some functions such as surveys, tools, and media might operate with reduced functionality or not at all.
f. How to avoid or delete a cookie?
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can alter your browser settings to not accept cookies or delete the cookies from your computer. Different web browsers may use different methods for managing cookies. Please follow the instructions below, from the most common web browser manufacturers directly, to configure your browser settings*.
* These links are to third party sites, over which we have no control – no liability can be claimed if they are inaccurate.*
16. Policy Review Statement
17. Contact Information
To contact us about our privacy, data protection and information that we may keep about you, please contact one of our officers assigned in their respective global jurisdictions:
USA, Canada and Global Regions:
Global Privacy Officer
United Kingdom and Europe:
Data Protection Officer (UK & EU)
By Post Mail:
Sign In Solutions Inc.
Attn: Global Privacy and Data Protection Office
150 2nd Ave N, Suite 1540, St. Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA